Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Grilled Paris

David Letterman, 60, put Paris Hilton on the hot seat Friday by peppering her with a series of questions about her stint in jail earlier this year.

He greeted Hilton with a hug, telling her she looked "better than ever" as she took a seat.

"Uh, How'd you like being in jail?" Audience members gasped and laughed as Hilton, 26, paused for a few seconds before saying, "Not too much."

Asked what she learned, La Hilton shifted in her seat before answering, "Well, obviously it was a very traumatic experience, but I did it, so I feel like I can do anything now."

About the food, Hilton said it was normally "jail mystery meat." After facing a continued barrage of jail-related questions, Hilton, who was on the show to promote her new fragrance Can-can and her upcoming movie, Repo! The Genetic Opera, said, "I don't really want to talk about it anymore." But Letterman persisted. Hilton held up her hand: "I'm going on the next question. I'm over it."

Finally, after more than six minutes of grilling, Hilton said Letterman was making her "sad that I came here." Trying to make amends, Letterman offered: "I'll buy you a parakeet."

Source: Sun*Star