Saturday, September 22, 2007

Alicia Silverstone--Vegetarian


The Clueless star appeared nude in a TV ad campaign advocating vegetarianism, the Associated Press reports.


In the 30-second spots for The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Silverstone, 30, is seen emerging naked from a swimming pool while espousing the positive points of eschewing meat.


“I’m Alicia Silverstone, and I’m a vegetarian,” the 30-year-old actress says in the ad, as she climbs out of a swimming pool. “There’s nothing in the world that’s changed me as much as this. I feel so much better and have so much more energy.”


"Like most people, I wasn’t always a vegetarian, but I’ve always loved animals. If you ever have a chance to meet a cow, pig, turkey, or goat, you will see that they are just as cute and funny as your dogs and cats and that they, too, want to live and feel love. They don’t like pain. Now when I see a steak, it makes me feel sad and sick because right away, I see my dog or the amazing cows I met at a sanctuary. I’ve been vegan for 10 years, and it’s the single-most important and helpful decision I have ever made. Physically, the effect has been amazing. Once I went vegan, I lost the weight I wanted to lose, my nails were stronger, and my skin was glowing. I feel great, and I look better now than I did 11 years ago."